TeamSupport leverages your browser’s “Web Notification” feature for in app notifications like ticket updates and new chat requests. Currently there are browser notifications for ticket updates and new Customer Chat requests. See below on how to enable/disable these notifications at any time.
Very often you will need to open more than one ticket at a time. TeamSupport allows you to multi-task by displaying all of your recently opened tickets (and other objects) along the top of your screen.
When you log out, these tickets will still have shortcuts, but they may not be “loaded”. For a ticket to be “loaded”, you must have viewed the ticket since your last browser refresh/reload. If another user updates one of your “loaded” tickets, you will receive a browser notification indicating that an update has been made.
If you are signed in as a chat user, you will receive browser notifications when a new chat is initiated by one of your Customers. Click here to learn about the entire Customer chat process.
Enabling Browser Notifications
The first time you receive a browser notification, your browser will prompt you to accept/block these notifications. You only need to click the “Accept” button once for both ticket update and Chat notifications.
Disabling Browser Notifications
Here are steps for each of the main web browsers to turn off TeamSupport browser notifications
- Go to the Firefox menu New Fx Menu and select Options.
- Select the Content panel and click the Choose… button under Notifications.
- Select the site.
- Click Remove Site.
- Highlight the TeamSupport URL, select Remove Site and then select Save Changes to save
On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More More and then Settings.
- At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
- Under “Privacy,” click Content settings.
- Under “Notifications,” choose one of the Manage exceptions
- Highlight the TeamSupport URL and select the “X” beside it. Then select Done to save
- Click on the More icon in the top right corner of Edge
- Select Settings
- Under Advanced Settings, select View advanced settings
- Under Notifications, select Mange
- Turn the On/Off switch to Off for the TeamSupport URL
Choose Safari > Preferences, click Notifications, find the TeamSupport website in the list, then select Deny for it.
Need more help with this?