You can configure each user to have specific rights in your system. Go to User -> User Properties
- Product Lines (Enterprise Only): This option can allow you to limit the users view to “Only specific Product Lines”. If this option is selected, you will be able to choose multiple Product Lines to associate to the user. Users will then only have visibility to the selected Product Lines and tickets with no Product association.
- Ticket Rights: This option is only available to System Admins. Please note that in all cases, Users will always be able to see tickets that have been marked as Knowledgebase articles. Selecting from “Ticket Rights” will give you the following options:
- All Tickets: User can see all Tickets in the system.
- Only assigned Tickets: User can see only tickets that are assigned to them. Click here to learn more about managing tickets.
- Only assigned and user’s groups: User can see only tickets that are assigned to them and are assigned in their Group and tickets that are not assigned to a Group (Group = Unassigned). Users with this setting can also see any ticket that is assigned to the Knowledgebase regardless of group. Click here to learn more about Groups.
- Only assigned and tickets associated with specific customers: This will restrict the user to only see tickets that are specifically assigned to them, or that are associated with customers that this user has authorization to see. When you select this rights level, you will see a new box open below called “User Customers” – Add individual customers in this section that the user has the ability to see tickets related to. This option is good for Re-sellers.
- Allow User to Edit Any Action: Allows/Disallows non-admin users from editing other user’s actions. The default is “No”.
- Can Change Ticket Visibility: Gives users the rights to change the visibility of a Ticket. Click here to learn more about Ticket visibility.
- Can change Knowledge Base Visibility: Gives users the rights to change the visibility of a Knowledgebase article. Click here to learn more about Knowledgebase.
- Can Change Community Visibility: Gives users the rights to change the visibility of a Community post. Click here to learn more about Community.
- User Can Pin Action: Allows a user to be able to pin an action to the top of a ticket.
- Can Create and Edit Companies and Contacts: Gives users the rights to create and Edit Companies and Contacts. Click here to learn more about Customers.
- Can Create and Edit Products and Versions: Gives users the right to create and edit Products. Click here to learn more about Products.
- Can Create and Edit Assets: Gives users the rights to create and edit Assets. Click here to learn more about Inventory Assets.
- Restrict User From Exporting Data: Gives users the right to export data from the Reporting module. Click here to learn more about Reporting.
- Restrict User From Editing Any Actions: Allows/Disallows non-admin user from editing any actions, including the ones they have created. This might be necessary if you are concerned about change management for your users. The default is “No”.
Need more help with this?
Thanks for your feedback.