TeamSupport provides a screen recording feature so that your teams can better describe a solution to your customers. You can record your screen and embed it within the ticket action so your customers can play a video and optionally hear your voice recording describing exactly how to do something. A single recording can be up to 5 minutes long and are embedded right within your action. Your customers also have the option of Screen Recording from the Customer Hub.
While Screen Recording is great to share information with your customers, another use case is to share information between teams. For example, if your customers report a bug, and your Support team is able to replicate, they can record their testing using Screen Recording and pass to a developer. This knowledge transfer saves valuable time and allows you to provide solutions to your customers faster. Additionally, Screen Recordings can be embedded into Knowledgebase articles or internal or customer facing purposes. If you have a new feature you would like to display, or a short tutorial, you may create a Screen Recording to save to the Knowledgebase which would be viewable from inside of TeamSupport for internal users, or on the Customer Hub for customers.
When you are creating a new ticket, or adding an action to an existing one, click the Record button in the tool bar to record your screen and embed it into the ticket:
First Time Use / Setup Instructions
TeamSupport utilizes browser extensions to operate Screen Recording. If this is the first time you are using Screen Recording, or if this is the first time you are using Screen Recording since we moved to using extensions (April 2 2016), you may be prompted to add an extension to your browser. You will only need to do this once
For example, in Chrome. You will get the following prompt:
Click the “Add to Chrome” button and follow the prompts to add the extension to your browser. .
To complete the setup, you must refresh your browser.
Using Screen Recording
Click on the Private or Public action link, then click on the record button on the action toolbar:
You will be prompted to select your display:
You have several options for your display including individual browser windows, your entire “Internal” display (which is your first monitor or your laptop screen), or external or secondary monitor displays. If you select “Internal” or “External” displays, you may move around between windows and your recording will capture everything all mouse movements.
Select your desired display and click the “Share” button.
Initial Recording options
- Record Button : When you are ready to begin, click the blue “Record Screen” button on the action window display. Your 5 minute counter will begin. If you are sharing your “Internal” or “External” display, you may move around between windows and the recording will continue to be captured.
- Eject Button : To cancel the recording, you may click the eject button. This causes the record and eject buttons to be removed and allows you to begin the process again by clicking on the record button from the action toolbar.
- Mute/Unmute : You have the option to use your voice to narrate your recording. By default, you microphone is turned on. You may toggle the mute button on/off depending on whether or not you would like to record audio on your recording.
- Stop : When you are ready to stop recording, click the stop button. Your video will be loaded into the action window for your review.
- Eject Button : To cancel the recording, you may click the eject button. This causes the record and eject buttons to be removed and allows you to begin the process again by clicking on the record button from the action window.
Once the video is loaded into the action window, you may click the play button to play the video. If you are not satisfied with the video, you may delete it by putting your cursor after the video and clicking the backspace button – just like any text or image.
You may add text and images in the same action as the recording. After you save your action, the screen recording will be available for other users to view in the TeamSupport action. Customers will see a link in their email for the recording. They can click on the link and will be directed to login securely to the Hub in order to view the recording.
We have recently updated our Screen Recording app to use browser extensions. Most Screen Recording issues can be resolved by clearing your browser cache.
Need more help with this?