Protecting your data has always been a major priority for TeamSupport. We have multiple ways you can increase security on your account in order to provide the highest level of security possible.
- New Users: New users will receive an email containing a temporary password. Users may contact their Administrators if they have not received this email. Upon logging in with your temporary password, you will immediately be asked to reset your password.
- Strong Passwords: TeamSupport users are required to have a secure password that is at least 8 characters, must contain a capital letter, and must contain a number.
- Password expiration: Passwords can be set to expire after a certain number of days.
- Failed Attempts Lockout: Users will be locked out of their accounts after 10 failed login attempts. The lockout lasts 15 minutes, or users can reset their passwords (see below).
- Two Step Verification: If your Administrator has turned on Two Step Verification, you may also need to verify login by inputting your cell phone number and supplying a verification code when logging in from a new computer. If your phone number changes, or if a user inputs the incorrect cell phone number, it can be changed in the user settings.
- Resetting Passwords: Users always have the option to reset their password from the login screen by clicking on the “Forgot your password?” link. Administrators can also reset passwords for other users from the user settings. In these cases, a new temporary password will be emailed to the user and will require a new password to be entered immediately upon logging in. Additionally, if already logged in, users can immediately reset their passwords from within their user settings.
Need more help with this?