This page explains how to acquire the following fields required for the MS Dynamics Integration.
- MS Dynamics User Name: The username for the MS Dynamics account of the registered application user.
- MS Dynamics Password/Confirm Password: The password for the MS Dynamics user account of the registered application user.
- Tenant (Directory) ID: This is the MS Dynamics Microsoft Tenant ID to authenticate to.
- Client ID: The Client ID is assigned by Microsoft when the app is registered.
- Client Secret: The Client Secret is assigned by Microsoft when the app is registered.
Client ID and Tenant ID
- The MS Dynamics account must be registered as an app in Azure, because Azure is the authentication authority for Microsoft apps:
- The Client ID and Tenant ID will be generated for the application. Please write these down as they will be needed later during setup.
- Add a new client secret. Enter any description and choose an expiration. “Never” is an option for expiration. If an expiration date is selected, this secret will expire and will need to be regenerated.
User Name and Password
This completes the setup needed in Azure.
- Enter the username and Application ID (Client ID) obtained in Azure in the earlier steps to this setup.
Need more help with this?