The Basic Hub Settings Tab contains many of the settings you need to configure your Hub. This page is also where you can add additional Hubs. The Advanced View Designer Tab allows you to edit the HTML on each page of your Hub for further customization.
We have included mouse over ALT descriptions that define most of the fields in the following image. All of the fields are defined below.
After changes are made to each section, please be sure to click save or cancel accordingly.
- Name of Hub: The name of your Hub will be displayed here. This name is defined in the “Portal Name” field below.
- Add New Hub: Multiple Hubs can be added and aligned with your Product Lines for branding purposes. This allows you to provide a refined Hub view to your Customers.
- Basic Hub Settings Tab: This tab will bring you back to the Basic Hub Settings described on this page.
- Advanced View Designer Tab: The Advanced View Designer Tab allows you to edit the HTML on each page of your Hub for further customization.
- User’s Name: The User who is logged in will be displayed. If you click on this field, you will be given the option to log out. Because this field is iframed into your TeamSupport app, this field is automatically displayed. This field is most useful when the page is being utilized by an actual Customer.
Primary Hub Settings
- Portal Name: This field defines the name of your Hub instance.
- CName Redirect URL: Edition: Enterprise Only You have the ability to change the name of your URL for your Hub(s) away from the default Landing Page URL listed below.
- Product Line: You have the ability to create an unlimited number of Customer Hubs based on your Product Lines. Configuring Multiple Hubs along Product Lines will give your Customers a further refined self-help tool. All of the Hubs will have discrete settings which allows you to completely customize your Customer’s experience along Product Lines.
- Landing Page: This is the default URL used by the Hub instance. You may change this URL by using CName Redirect above.
- Knowledge Base: This is the default URL to access the Knowledge base directly as a standalone tool.
- Wiki: This is the default URL to access the Wiki directly as a standalone tool.
- Company Logo: You may set your Customer Logo for the Hub instance.
- Header/Footer Background: This it the background of the header and footer used by your Hub.
- Header/Footer Text: This is the text color used by the header and footer of your Hub.
- General Text: This is the text color used on the body of your Hub.
- Panel Tiles: This is the color of the text on your Hub tiles.
- Background: This is the background color of the body of your Hub.
Hub Access Control
User Account Creation
- Request Access: This controls whether your Customers can request access to your Hub on the login screen.
- Ticket Type: Ticket Type for when a Customer requests access to the Hub.
- Group: Ticket Group for when a Customer requests access to the Hub.
- Self Registration: This controls whether your Customers can register themselves to your Hub on the login page.
Anonymous Access Settings
- Anonymous Hub Access: Controls whether anonymous users can access areas of your Hub. If the following options are turned on, they are accessible visitors who are not logged in.
- Anonymous Chat: Turns on and off anonymous Chat.
- Anonymous Knowledge Base: Turns on and off anonymous Knowledge Base.
- Anonymous Products: Turns on and off anonymous Products.
- Anonymous Ticketing: Turns on and off anonymous Ticketing.
- Anonymous Wiki: Turns on and off anonymous Wiki.
- Allow Single Sign On: Here you can disable access via SSO.
- Honor Support Expiration: If checked, you must Products with your Customers AND there must be a date defined to “Support Expiration” which is found under the Customer section, Products tab. Otherwise your Customers will be unable to login to your Hub.
- Honor Service Agreement Expiration: If checked, you must enter a Service Agreement Expiration Date for each Customer, which is found under the Customer Section. If no date is defined OR the date you define has expired, your Customers will be unable to login to your Hub.
- Require Terms and Conditions: If checked, upon first login, a Customer must agree to the terms and conditions or they will be unable to login to your Hub.
- Community: Here you can turn off Community.
- Community Sort Order: This field allows you to select a sort order for the Community posts on the Hub. The options are Last Modified and Alphabetical
- Knowledge Base: Here you can turn off Knowledge base.
- Customer Specific Articles: If enabled, when you associate a Company with a Knowledge Base article, those articles will only be displayed to the associated Company on your Hub. A Contact can also be added, in which case the Contact as well as any other Contacts within the same Company that have visibility to their organizations tickets can view the article on your Hub. Articles without a Customer association will be displayed to all allowed Customers.
- Customer Product Association: If enabled, when you associate a Product with a Knowledge Base article, those articles will only be displayed on the Hub to Customers who are also associated with that Product. Articles without a Product association will be displayed to all allowed Customers.
- Anonymous Product Association: Default is disabled. When disabled, users who are not logged into your Hub (browsing anonymously), will have access to articles that have a Product association. When enabled, anonymous users will be restricted from viewing Knowledge Base articles with Product associations.
- Knowledge Base Sort Order: This field allows you to select a sort order for the Knowledge Base articles on the Hub. The options are Last Modified and Alphabetical
- Products: Here you can turn off the Products section.
- Wiki: Here you can turn off the Wiki.
- Chat: Here you can turn off the Customer Chat.
- Video Recording: Here you can turn off Video Recording throughout the Hub.
- Screen Recording: Here you can turn off Screen Recording throughout the Hub.
- Product Line Filtering: Default is disabled. When enabled, the following will occur:
- Ticket Types and Groups that are associated to the same Product Line as the selected Customer Hub will be available on the Customer Hub.
- Ticket Types and Groups that do not have a Product Line association will be available on the Customer Hub.
- Ticket Types and Groups that are associated to other Product Lines will not be available on the Customer Hub.
- Ticket Types that have “Visible to Customers” Disabled will not be displayed on any Customer Hub.
- Anonymous Submission Captcha: This fields adds and anti-automation captcha for tickets submitted anonymously. TeamSupport recommends leaving this field enabled.
- Create a ticket: Here you can turn off the Create Ticket forms.
- Default Ticket Type: This controls the default Ticket Type for tickets created on the Customer Hub. You may optionally allow your customers to select Ticket Types from a drop down menu by marking the Ticket Types as “Visible to Customers”. This setup is done in the admin panel.
- Default Group: This controls the Ticket Group assigned to the Tickets submitted by your Customers.
- Enable Contact Additions: This controls whether an authenticated Hub user has the ability to add additional contacts upon ticket creation. This setting does not apply to users who create tickets anonymously. When enabled, a field is displayed on the New Ticket window which allows the Hub user to include multiple email addresses of contacts whom they wish to be added to the ticket. If the emails are already associated to a contact in your account, the contact will be added to the ticket. If the email address is not already in your account, the contact will be added to _Unknown Company and also added to the ticket.
- Group Selection: This removes the Group selection from the Create Ticket pages.
- Product Selection: This removes the Product selection from the Create Ticket pages.
- Product Version Selection: This removes the Product Version selection from the Create Ticket pages.
- Restrict Product Versions: This restricts view of Product Versions to only versions associated to the Customers who is logged in.
- Severity Selection: This removes the severity selection from the Create Ticket pages. You may allow/disallow the Severity field from being modified by Hub users via the Severity Modification setting.
- My Tickets: This removes access to the My Ticket page completely from your Customers.
- Organization Tickets: This removes access to the organization tickets tab from the My Tickets page.
- Contact/Product Restriction: (Edition: Enterprise Only) Default is disabled. When enabled, the following will occur when a Contact is logged into the Customer Hub:
- When submitting new tickets, the Contact will only be able to select Products that are directly related them. If no Products are related to the Contact, they will be able to select Products that are related to the Customer to which the Contact is related.
- When viewing the list of “Organization Open Tickets”, “Organization Closed Tickets”, and “All Tickets”, the Contact will only be able to view tickets to which they are associated, and tickets that have a Product to which they are related.
Post Ticket Creation Modifications
- Ticket Name Modification: Allows a Hub user the ability to edit the ticket name after ticket creation.
- Severity Modification: Allows a Hub user the ability to edit the severity after ticket creation. The Severity field may be hidden from view based on the Severity Selection setting.
- Custom Field Modification: Allows a Hub user the ability to edit Custom Fields after ticket creation. Custom Fields must be marked “visible” for them to display on the Customer Hub. Conditional Custom fields are not available for modification on the Customer Hub.
Need more help with this?