The Customer section in TeamSupport is one of the areas that makes the system unique – Instead of simply tracking tickets, TeamSupport allows you to see a wholistic view of your customers and understand exactly what is going on with them.
Within the Customer section you can search on individual people or their organizations, and see tickets assigned to the Parent Company, Child Company, and individual level. You can also track the products a specific customers has (in the Enterprise version of TeamSupport), attach files, add activities, and alerts so that critical information about your customers is centralized in one location.
Click on “Customers” from the left hand navigation to access the main Customer page.
From here you can:
- Filter: Click All, Customers or Contacts tabs to filter the results. When Customers is selected, you also have the ability to filter by Parent Customer’s only. When using any of the tabs, you have the ability to show InActive customers or contacts in the results by checking the box.
- Search: To search, select the All, Customers, or the Contacts tab. As you begin typing any data that is on a Customer or Contact record, the list will narrow down the results and highlight the reason of why the results have been returned. Click on the record and it will open in a new tab.
- Add a New Customer: Click the “New Customer” button to add a new Customer or Contact.
- Recently Viewed Customers: The box on the right hand side of the window gives you easy access to recently viewed Customers and Contacts.
- Manage a Customer or Contact: Click on the name of any Customer or Contact and it will open in a new tab.
- Hide Inactive: Hide the customers or contacts that have been marked as inactive. This selection is on a per user basis and will persist the next time you log in.
- Click here for information on importing customers.
- Click here to learn about the default customer named _Unknown Company.
- Click here to learn about the benefit of grouping your companies into Company Families.
- Click here to learn about filtering Knowledge Base content to your Customers by adding them to Knowledge Base articles.
Need more help with this?