When you click the “Add Public or Private Action” link in TeamSupport, the following text box will open up and allow you to type directly into it. A very useful resource for supporting your customers may be to provide them with screenshots. You may copy screenshots directly into the text box using Firefox, Chrome, and IE 11 or higher. Stay tuned for support of this feature in Safari.
Along the top of the action you will find:
- Name: You can click on the ticket name to edit it.
- Public/Private Flag: This field can be toggled, and indicates whether the action will be visible to customers.
At the top of the text box is an editing bar with a number of great features that can be used to edit the text and add information to the ticket:
- Insert Pasted Image: One of the most useful features for customers who support software based tools, this feature lets you insert a screenshot directly into the ticket action. You may copy screenshots directly into the text box using Firefox, Chrome, and IE 11 or higher. Stay tuned for support of this feature in Safari.
- Suggested Solutions: This feature, also called “canned responses”, lets you select one of your Knowledge Base articles and the text (and any images/recordings) of that article will be put directly into the action.
- Insert Ticket: To better describe a particular issue, it’s often beneficial to put a link to another ticket with the description. The Insert Ticket function lets you put this link in an action so that clicking it will take the user directly to the other ticket (see Associated Tickets for another option to relate tickets).
- Insert Image: In addition to the Insert Pasted Image option, TeamSupport allows you to insert images from a stored library. This library is shared with the Wiki so you can have images used in both locations within the application and develop a common library of often used images.
- Insert Dropbox: TeamSupport has an integration with Dropbox which lets you insert a link to images and documents from your Dropbox account.
- Record Screen: Another unique feature of TeamSupport is our ability to record a screencast and embed it directly into the ticket action.
- Clock Icon: Click this button to insert a timestamp. This is useful if you need to update an action.
- Record Video: You may add a video to actions into the tickets and through the Customer Hub recorded using your webcam.
- Link / Unlink: By highlighting a piece of text and clicking the link button, you can create a hyperlink outside of TeamSupport. Similarly, if you have text that is hyper-linked and you want to remove the link, select the text and click the unlink button.
- Undo / Redo: These buttons, and associated shortcuts (Ctrl-Z for undo and Ctrl-Y for redo) will allow you to undo recent changes to your action.
- Remove Formatting: This will strip formatting from the selected text (bold, italics, etc).
- Cut, Copy, and Paste: The traditional cut, copy and paste text buttons. Note that the standard shortcuts (Ctrl-X, C, And V) will work as well.
- Paste as Plain Text, Paste from Word: Often when text is copied from third party applications it can come along with HTML formatting that is not desired. To prevent this, when copying from another application you may want to try Pasting as Plain Text or Paste from Word.
- Decrease & Increase Indent: These will change the indentation of a block of text.
- Bullet and Numbered Lists: Using these functions will let you create either bulleted lists or automatically numbered lists.
- Alignment: Changes the text alignment to left, center, right, or full.
- Color, Background Color, Font Family, and Font Size: These let you customize the text style in the action to be formatted in whatever way you would like.
- Bold, Italic, Underline, Strike through: Formats the text as expected.
- Block Quote: Selecting text and using the block quote will indent the text, put a box around it, and make the background a light blue. This is useful for calling out specific text in an action. Note: This formatting function often does not display correctly in emails, so be careful when it’s used.
- Insert/Edit Code Sample: This button allows you to enter code snippets into your action that will be processed as text as opposed to processed as code. This allows you to share code snippets in actions.
- Source Code: Opens a window to allow you to see the source code of the action window.
- Insert Table: Allows you to insert a table of columns and rows into your action.
You may also adjust the height of the window by dragging the bottom right hand corner of the window.
Underneath the box where you type in your action description, you have several additional options:
- Date Work Started: This field defaults to the current time, although it can be changed to indicate the time work on the ticket started.
- Start Timing: You can click this button to allow the system to start a counter for the time spent on the current action.
- Hours and Minutes: Alternatively, you can indicate how much time is spent on each action of a ticket.
- Type: A customizable list to indicate the type of action. This field is often used to indicate whether an action is billable.
- Knowledge Base: Checking this box will add the ticket to your Knowledge Base.
- Attach File: You can attach files to a ticket.
- Save/Update (with Submenu): This button will save or update your action. If you select the arrow next to this button, you will also be able to set the status at the same time as saving.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.